Grabovski ignores rumors … JVR could return today … Johansen staying … Kubina to hand in list … Devils looking for D
- Updated: February 18, 2012
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Mikhail Grabovski on recent trade talk:
“Nope,” he said. “Haven’t heard it. Don’t think about it. Don’t listen to the radio or read the papers.
“I’m a Toronto Maple Leaf now. I play for the Leafs and I want to keep playing for the Leafs. That’s all I’m thinking about.”
The Maple Leafs won’t move him unless the deal is significant. The ideal trade would be bring them back a player(s) that would help immediately. Burke thinks he could get an offer for 1st and prospect for Grabovski. A Leaf executive said any deal involving picks/prospects would have to “blow us away.” Coach Ron Wilson thinks Grabovski will be re-signed. Numbers being mentioned are in the $5 – $5.4 million range.
- Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers may be getting James van Riemsdyk back from his concussion for today’s game. “We’ll see,” van Riemsdyk said after practicing Friday at Skate Zone. “Maybe.”
- Shawn Mitchell of the Columbus Dispatch: Blue Jackets rookie Ryan Johansen will be a healthy scratch for the 5th time in 7 games. He’ll finish the year with the Blue Jackets rather than return to Portland of the WHL. Brett Lebda was activated from the IR, and goalie Curtis Sanford was put on the IR with back problems.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers forward Tom Sestito will be out 6-8 weeks after he’ll have surgery to repair a torn groin muscle.
- Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times: Pavel Kubina’s agent said that the Lightning could have Kubina’s list of teams he’d accept a trade to as early as Saturday. “Kuby is always a gentleman, so I don’t think it’s going to take seven days. … We’re going to go through some stuff (Saturday) and we’re going to come to some conclusions.”
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Luke Schenn was pretty surprised when he was made a healthy scratch this week. His name is also in the rumor mill, being tied to James van Riemsdyk and Rick Nash. “I guess it’s all part of playing in Toronto,” said Schenn. Wilson said Schenn will be back in the lineup on Saturday.
- Tom Gulitti of NorthJersey.com: The Devils are looking to add a defenseman by the deadline. Adam Larsson and Henrik Tallinder are out with injuries. Marek Zidlicky would waive his no trade clause to go to the Devils. Zidlicky has 1 year left on his deal. Pavel Kubina and Johnny Oduya will be UFAs after the season.