Interest in Ott … Leafs put Rosehill and Boyce on waivers … Carter made more sense than Nash … Blue Jackets notes … Kuznetsov injured
- Updated: February 24, 2012
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: There is lots of interest in Stars forward Steve Ott. The Canucks really like him, the Leafs and Flyers may be interested too. The Stars like Flyers winger James van Riemsdyk, but it would take more than Ott. The Flyers and Kings had talked a van Riemsdyk for Jack Johnson deal a few weeks ago.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: On waivers today are Van Der Gulik and Miettinen, as well as Maple Leafs Jay Rosehill and Darryl Boyce. With Boyce and Rosehill on waivers it clears room for the Maple Leafs to make a deal. Also allows them to call someone up.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: Not buying that the Kings are interested in Maple Leafs defenseman Luke Schenn. They dealt Jack Johnson due to their depth on the blueline, and not to bring in a $3.6 million cap hit for 4 more years who’s been a healthy scratch.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Jeff Carter made more sense to LA than Nash because they want to make sure they have the cap room for Jonathan Quick.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: The Sharks are contacting teams to see if there is any interest in Antero Niittymaki. If someone says they’d claim him, he’d go on re-entry today or tomorrow.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Since the Blue Jackets have traded centers Jeff Carter and Antoine Vermette, the chances of them trading Derick Brassard are much less. The Canadiens and Lightning have been sniffing around Brassard.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: There could be a strong market for Blue Jackets center Sammy Pahlsson. They’d be lucky if they got a 2nd round pick, probably a 3rd or 4th rounder.
- Terry Jones via twitter: Today could be the D-day for Oilers Ales Hemsky. At some point the he needs to make a call. (I’m sure he’s referring to Hemsky signing a contract extension or not)
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: There will be no supplementary disciplinary for Flyers Scott Hartnell for last night’s kneeing incident on Magnus Paajarvi.