Kings Dustin Brown may be available now … Oilers make last push to re-sign Hemsky … Goalies Leafs may look at … Wings looking at F’s
- Updated: February 24, 2012
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Kings forward Dustin Brown may now be available, which puts more heat on the Blue Jackets to make a decision on Nash. The Rangers, Maple Leafs, and Flyers are just a few teams that would be interested. Jim Matheson via twitter: If Brown is available, Matheson thinks Eastern Conference teams will be all over him even with the 2 remaining years. The Bruins and Capitals could be interested. Tim Panaccio via twitter: A source said that the Flyers can’t get serious on Brown because of salary cap issues. Andy Strickland via twitter: “In a salary cap world where every GM wants value for the $ why would LA trade Dustin Brown? Has maybe the best contract in the NHL.”
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Teams are circling with interest in Ales Hemsky, but don’t rule out the Oilers making one last push to re-sign him. 2 years and $10 million ($5 million per season) might keep him there. Bob McKenzie via twitter: Postgame buzz last night had GM Steve Tambellini in the dressing room to meet with Hemsky.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Initial plan is to play Jeff Carter on right winger with Mike Richards.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Leafs GM Brian Burke confirmed on the radio that he’ll check out the goalie market to see what’s there. It was discussed for the first time on Wednesday. Goalie possibilities are: Evgeni Nabokov, Josh Harding, Anders Lindback, Curtis Sanford, J.S, Giguere, Antero Niittymaki, Scott Clemmensen and Ben Bishop.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Goalies that Burke will look into are, Evgeni Nabokov, Nikolai Khabibulin, Josh Harding, Anders Lindback and JS Giguere.
- Curtis Zupke via twitter: Kings GM Dean Lombardi on other possible trades: “Right now I got absolutely nothing.”
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: The Kings could use Jarrett Stoll as an asset now. He’s been misused all season.
- Bob Duff via twitter: 2 forwards that Duff is hearing most often linked to Red Wings are Mikael Samuelsson of the Panthers and Travis Moen of the Canadiens.
- Toronto Sun: (from their NHL trade rumors ‘slideshow’) Players listed: Ales Hemsky, Zach Parise , Teemu Selanne, Shane Doan, Ryan Suter, Ryan Miller, Ryan Malone, Rick Nash, Ray Whitney, Paul Gaustad, P.A. Parenteau, Mikhail Grabovski, Mike Knuble, Michal Rozsival, Luke Schenn, Kyle Wellwood, Jonathan Bernier, Jason Blake, Dustin Penner, Dennis Wideman, David Jones, Brian Rolston, Brad Boyes, Andrei Kostitsyn, Alex Semin.