Rask out 4-6 weeks, Bruins sign Turco … Anderson conspiracy theory … Brown likely traded in offseason … Injury notes on Havlat, Markov and Timonen
- Updated: March 6, 2012
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask has a lower abdomen/groin strain, and will be out 4-6 weeks.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: The Bruins have signed goalie Marty Turco. Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Turco has to clear waivers, and he’s not eligible for the playoffs.
- Bucky Gleason of the Buffalo News: Senators GM Bryan Murray and Lightning GM Steve Yzerman are among the GMs who think that the red line should be brought back. Conspiracy Theory: Senators goalie Craig Anderson severed tendons on his right hand presumably from a knife cut, Anderson is right handed. “I really don’t care to talk about the details of it all,” Anderson told reporters in his first comments since the incident. “Freak accident. Happened in the kitchen. Leave it at that. Something you learn from. Unfortunately, it was a costly mistake.” The Kings got several offers for Dustin Brown at the trade deadline, but they decided to keep him for their playoff run. He’ll likely be traded in the offseason.
- Mark Emmons of the San Jose Mercury News: Sharks winger Marty Havlat was skating on a line with Benn Ferriero and Brad Winchester yesterday. He’s getting closer and will be traveling with the team, but he’s not giving a timetable when he’ll return.
- Bill Beacon of the Globe and Mail: Canadiens defenseman Andrei Markov practiced without his ‘no-contact’ jersey yesterday:
“I’m cleared for contact,” he said. “I need a little bit more time to practice with the team and as soon as I feel ready to go I’m going to play.
“Of course I’m happy. I didn’t play for a long time. I just want to jump in there and feel the game and have fun. I miss the game a lot. I want to come back as soon as I can.”
He’ll travel with the team, but it’s not known if he’ll get in a game this week.
- Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly: Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen is out with a back injury, but he isn’t expected to be out long.
- Steve Simmons via twitter: Brian Burke this morning on Newstalk 1010 radio when asked if his job was on the line: “I think its an ignorant question and a gutless one.”
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Richard Bachman will start in net for the Stars tonight against the Canucks.
- Ian Mendes via twitter: Ben Bishop is expected to start tonight against the Lightning.