Was Grabovski’s deal delayed? Canucks targeted teams for Hodgson deal … Injury notes on Duchene, Lupul, Armstrong, Dubinsky, Jagr, Jackman and Nikitin
- Updated: March 7, 2012
- Elliotte Friedman of CBC: Friedman thinks the Mikhail Grabovski’s deal could have been done a week or 2 ago but Burke may have wanted to see if he would get a crazy offer at the deadline. It’s rumored that the Stars wanted Cody Hodgson for Steve Ott. The Leafs tried to get Hodgson as well. The Canucks ‘targeted” a few clubs that they thought had the match they wanted. Friedman thinks they liked Brandon Sutter from the Hurricanes and John Carlson of the Capitals. Former Oilers Tom Gilbert said he didn’t demand a trade.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Avalanche forward Matt Duchene injured his right ankle in the 3rd period of last night’s game. He’ll be re-evaluated today.
- Lance Hornby via twitter: Maple Leafs forward Joffrey Lupul has an upper-body injury and Colby Armstrong has a broken nose.
- Andrew Gross of the Bergon Record: Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky left last night’s game in the first period after getting into a fight with Ryan Carter.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Flyers Jakub Voracek got rocked by Niklas Kronwall last night. There was no injury update after the game as he was still be evaluated by doctors. Jaromir Jagr also left the game with a lower body injury.
- John Down of the Calgary Herald: Flames forward Tim Jackman left after 1 shift after taking a big hit from Alexei Emelin.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman Nikita Nikitin blocked a shot off the foot in the 1st period and did not return.