GM meeting next week … Notes on the Maple Leafs, Datsyuk practicing, Wild goalie injuries, Mason gets stitches, Souray injured
- Updated: 03/09/2012
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The GM meetings are next week. They’ll talk about putting the red-line back in, video review for goalie interference, concussions and CBA talk.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Drafting in the top 10 could be good thing for the Leafs. Or they could trade the pick for a top forward and other needed pieces.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: The Maple Leafs may be looking for a #1 goalie this offseason. The UFA list isn’t spectacular. Martin Brodeur, Dwayne Roloson and Johan Hedberg are at the end of their careers. Tomas Vokoun puts up good numbers but seems to miss the playoffs. Do the Leafs take a chance on Evgeni Nabokov, Ray Emery or Al Montoya? Trading for a goalie is an option, but how big is the price for Kings Jonathan Bernier? There has been animosity between the Canucks and Maple Leafs, so a Cory Schneider deal may be hard to see.
- Terry Koshan of the Toront Sun: Maple Leafs ‘bubble boys’ heading into next season could be Mike Komisarek, Matthew Lombardi, Joey Crabb, Nikolai Kulemin, Tim Connolly and Jay Rosehill, along with Jonas Gustavsson (UFA) and James Reimer.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings Pavel Datsyuk practiced with the team yesterday, and Nicklas Lidstrom skated before. Both are out tonight, and unlikely for Saturday.
- Michael Russo of the Star-Tribune: Wild goalie Josh Harding “tweaked something” in his lower body last night causing him to leave in the 2nd period. The severity of the injury isn’t known yet. Niklas Backstrom is already out with a groin injury. Their 4th goalie on their depth charts suffered an injury over the weekend and could be done for the year.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets goalie Steve Mason took 15-20 stitches to his blocker hand. He was cut by the skate for defenseman John Moore, and is not expected to play this weekend. He’ll be re-evaluated this morning. Derek Dorsett left in the 3rd period with an upper body injury.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars defenseman Sheldon Souray is day-to-day with a lower body injury. He left last night’s game in the 2nd period. Defenseman Mark Fistric left with a hand injury in the 3rd, x-rays were negative and he should be able to go. Steve Ott missed last night’s game with back spasms.
← Previous Story Alexander Radulov could join the Predators this year