Morning notes on Radulov, Howard, Morrow, injured Blues and Green’s 3 game suspension
- Updated: March 10, 2012
Update: Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Chesnokov is checking a report that Radulov is set to join the Predators in the next couple days. He’s cautious with the outlet as it’s coming from an outside agent who has players on the same team (not Radulov’s agent).
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Alexander Radulov’s KHL team was eliminated from the playoffs, but as of yesterday afternoon, there was “no change in his status” according to his agent. There is the possibility that Radulov could return to the Predators this year.
- Bill Roose of the DetroitRedWings.com: Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard plans take part in their morning skate today in Nashville, and could return to the lineup on Tuesday in LA.
“I feel a lot better. It’s getting better every single day,” he said. “Skated yesterday, skated today, took some shots. Hopefully, tomorrow, I’ll share a net. Then practice Monday in L.A.
“We just want to take all the precautions and make sure everything is healed up, with it being so close to playoffs.”
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Several of the Blues injured players (Kent Huskins, Jamie Langenbrunner, Kris Russell, Matt D’Agostini and Alex Steen) are expected to return to their lineup sometime next week. Likely candidates to return are Huskins, Russell and Langenbrunner. D’Agostini and Steen don’t appear to be close to returning.
- Dallas Stars via twitter: Stars forward Brenden Morrow has been activated from the IR.
- Capitals Mike Green was suspended for 3 games