Ehrhoff day-to-day … Vinny returns … Price for Nash for Leafs would be steep …Isles sign Grahame … Howard out Friday
- Updated: March 29, 2012
- John Vogl of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Christian Ehrhoff was re-evaluated yesterday.
“He’ll miss some time,” said Ruff, who declined to elaborate whether it was day-to-day or week-to-week. “It’ll be a period of time.”
- Vincent Lecavalier via twitter: Vinny tweets he’s happy to get back in the lineup.
- Howard Berger via twitter: Given what the Blue Jackets wanted for Rick Nash at the trade deadline, it would cost the Leafs Jake Gardiner, Nazem Kadri and their 1st round pick in June.
- Steve Conroy of hte Boston Herald: Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask is progressing well from his March 3rd, groin/abdomen strain.
“I’m doing exercising, biking, all kinds of stuff. It’s looking really good. I’m just trying to get the strength back and be ready to go,” Rask said yesterday. “I think we’re shooting for (a return for the playoffs) and it’s looking good now.”
“If everything goes well, I’ll go out there and maybe get some shots, not do much but just go by the feel,” Rask said. “You can’t rush these kind of injuries.”
- Islanders Point Blank: The Islanders have signed John Grahame for the rest of the year to back up Al Montoya. Arthur Staple of Newsday: Evgeni Nabokov left Tuesday’s game and is listed day-to-day with a lower-body injury, it looks like he may not play another game this season.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings Jimmy Howard won’t be in the lineup on Friday. Howard missed his 4th straight game on Wednesday with a groin issue.
“It’s Babs’ call and he’s the coach, he makes the decisions,” Howard said. “That (playing Friday) was the plan all along, but Coach has decided to go in a different direction, and as a player I have to respect that.
“I hope he changes his mind, but I don’t think it’ll happen.”
- Jonas Siegel via twitter: Ben Scrivens was recalled yesterday on a temporary basis and will be returned today. Jussi Rynnas will likely take his place. The Maple Leafs may have given Scrivens a day of NHL pay. He’s a big part of the Marlies AHL playoff run and they don’t want to disrupt that.
- Damian Cristodero via twitter: The Lightning have signed college free agent J.T. Brown from Minnesota-Duluth.
- George Richards of the Miami Herald: Jose Theodore will start in net for the Panthers tonight against the Wild.