- Iain MacIntyre of the Vancouver Sun: The Canucks get some good news in that Daniel Sedin could be ready to return for the 1st round of the playoffs according to GM Mike Gillis.
“It’s risky to make projections with these things because one day the player just may not feel right, but he’s going in the right direction,” Gillis told The Vancouver Sun. “He’s feeling a little better each day. We’re hopeful if things keep going the way they are that he’ll be available [for the first round].”
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews is getting real close to returning.
“I’m not sure if it’s official yet, but probably,” Toews said. “If it’s not [Thursday], it will be soon, though.”
Defenseman Steve Montador’s concussion symptoms returned on Tuesday and he’s out indefinitely.
- Rich Hammond of LAKings NHL.com: Kings Jeff Carter is unlikely to play tonight due to an ankle injury.
- Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald: Bruins defenseman Adam McQuaid left last night’s game in the 1st period after being hit face-first into the boards by Jason Chimera. McQuaid has had concussion issues in the past. He was cut over the eye and was ‘woozy’ leaving the ice.
“We’ll probably learn more (today),” coach Claude Julien said. “But for the obvious reasons that the medical staff deals with those kind of things, the minute you don’t feel right, they pull you out. So hopefully we’ll get good news (today).”
- James Mirtle of the Globe and Mail: The Maple Leafs may shut James Reimer down for the season as a result of concussion-like symptoms returning.
“There will be probably a point that there’ll be a decision made if he’s going to return or not,” Carlyle said. “That’s in the medical people’s hands right now. We just have to wait for clearance from everybody involved to put the player back on the ice.”
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Maple Leafs pending UFA Jonas Gustavsson is trying to not think that far ahead. “What’s going to happen next year is going to wait for a while.” Gustavsson was injured in the warmups and was unable to make the start. The Leafs may look to bring in a veteran goalie next year to work with James Reimer.
- Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: Blues forward Andy McDonald will return to the lineup on Saturday.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: Avalanche forward Milan Hejduk is considering retiring after the season.
“It could be. I don’t want to analyze right now, but it definitely could be,” Hejduk said.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: (mailbag) Avs pending RFA Peter Mueller has been a healthy scratch for 2 games lately and would required a $2.2 million qualifying offer. Dater thinks they will likely qualify him, but it is possible they look to trade him.
- Andy Strickland of True Hockey: Sources are saying that the Red Wings have sent scouts to watch the remaining games of pending UFAs Ryan Suter and Zach Parise. The Wings could be leaning more towards Suter since Nicklas Lidstrom could retire or play only one more season. B.J. Crombeen has been out with a hand injury. Roman Polak could return on Saturday.