Price has headaches, concussion? Hall to have surgery today … Myers out … Wisniewski to return … Quincey suspendion video
- Updated: April 3, 2012
- Mike Boone of Hockey Inside/Out: Radio-Canada is reporting that Canadiens goalie Carey Price has a concussion, but as of last night the Canadiens were disputing that. The Canadiens say that he is having headaches, but hasn’t been diagnosed with a concussion just yet. He’ll go through some tests this week to see what is causing the headaches. Price collided with a teammate Thursday morning and hasn’t felt the same since. It is possible that his season could be over. A Radi0-Canada reporter apparently overhead the Canadiens doctor on his cell phone talking to their head athletic therapist.
- Taylor Hall via twitter: Oilers forward Taylor Hall arrived in Cleveland yesterday and will have surgery today.
- Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News: Sabres defenseman Tyler Myers is out tonight, but hasn’t been rule out for Thursday or Saturday. Christian Ehrhoff is out this week.
- LA Kings via twitter: Kings forward Jeff Carter had an MRI yesterday which revealed a deep bone bruise and no structural damage. He’ll be out day-to-day.
- Shawn Mitchell via twitter: Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski is set to return to the lineup tonight.
- Dallas Morning News via twitter: Stars forward Eric Nystrom could return to the lineup tonight.
- Gary Lawless of the Winnipeg Free Press: Jets center Kyle Wellwood is out with a broken ankle. Wellwood was hit in the foot by a Grant Clitsome’s shot. Wellwood set a career high with 47 points this season.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Canucks Roberto Luongo will start in net for the Canucks tonight.
- Red Wings defenseman Kyle Quincey was suspended for elbowing.