- Dan Tencer via twitter: Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson said that though he’d rather be drafting #1, drafting at #2 may have more options. Easier to move the #2, can’t trade the #1.
- Helene Elliott via twitter: Canucks forward Daniel Sedin won’t play tonight. Tim Wharnby via twitter: D. Sedin didn’t skate with the black aces or the regular forward.
- Philadelphia Flyers via twitter: GM Paul Holmgren said that Daniel Briere and Nicklas Grossman will be in the lineup for the Flyers. Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Marc-Andre Bourdon will be in the lineup and Pavel Kubina will be scratched.
- Fluto Shinzawa of the Boston Globe: The Bruins announced that forward Nathan Horton is done for the year.
“In his case, it’s probably the best thing for, No. 1, him,” Claude Julien said. “As an organization, you’ve got to make the right decision. He’s tried to come back a few times. He’s had some setbacks lately. You could tell he was feeling the pressure of trying to come back for the playoffs. When you’re not feeling well, that’s not right. It was important for us to let him know we’re going to shut him down for the rest of the year.”
- Chris Kuc and Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune: Blackhawks Jonathan Toews will be a game time decision on Thursday.
- Fluto Shinzawa via twitter: Tuukka Rask won’t backup Tim Thomas. Anton Khudobin will be the backup.
- Katie Carrera via twitter: Michal Neuvirth will travel with the Capitals, Tomas Vokoun won’t.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: Blues lines: Perron-Backes-Oshie , McDonald-Berglund-Steen , Sobotka-Arnott-Stewart , Langenbrunner-Nichol-Reeves. Defensive Pairings: Jackman-Shattenkirk , Huskins-Pietrangelo , Russell-Polak , Extras: Colaiacovo, Cole Goalies: Halak, Allen, Brian Elliott is day-to-day with upper body.