- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators Shea Weber was fined $2,500 for hitting Henrik Zetterberg’s head into the glass.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News: Red Wings forward Darren Helm had surgery to repair lacerated tendons in his right forearm and will be out from the remainder of the playoffs.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Senators Chris Neil will return to the lineup. Matt Gilroy is also in.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Penguins lines: Kunitz-Malkin-Neal, Sullivan-Crosby-Dupuis, Cooke-Staal-Kennedy, Asham-Vitale-Adams.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Anton Khudobin will backup Tim Thomas tonight.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Blues goalie Brian Elliott took part in their morning skate.
- Mike Zeisberger of the Toronto Sun: Leafs GM Brian Burke said he wouldn’t move his 1st round pick to bring a goalie like Jonathan Bernier or Anders Lindback. Zeisberger wonders if the Blues would give up one of Brian Elliott or Jaroslav Halak. Even if the Canucks wanted to trade Roberto Luongo, the Canucks “organization despises the Leafs.”
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: Brenden Morrow’s future with the Stars is up in the air, and he has be hearing criticism from from fans.
“I’m not going to lie, it’s really tough to hear,” said Morrow of speculation that the team might be better if it moved forward without him. “But at the same time, I saw it with franchise players, good friends. If it happened to Mike Modano, it can happen to anyone.
“I don’t like it; I’m uncomfortable with it. I want us to win, I want us to be better, but I also understand this is a business and some of the things are out of my control. So what I can control is to get myself as healthy as I can and work as hard as I can and hope I perform as well as I can.
“I’d love to be a part of the solution next year, and hopefully management agrees.”
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Canucks Byron Bitz’s disciplinary hearing is at 3:30 EST.