- Mike Morreale via twitter: Frank J. Selke finalists: David Backes, Patrice Bergeron and Pavel Datsyuk. Lady Byng finalists: Brian Campbell, Jordan Eberle and Matt Moulson.
- Allen Panzeri of the Ottawa Citizen: Senators Daniel Alfredsson will be in the lineup tonight.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Ilya Kovalchuk denies again that he is hurt, “I’m fine, 110 percent.”
- George Richards via twitter: Panthers defenseman Jason Garrison is traveling with the team and could skate on Tuesday.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Rangers Brian Boyle didn’t travel with the team.
- Spector’s Hockey via twitter: The Canucks will have some tough decisions with Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider. If they are not able to find a trade partner for Luongo, they may have to trade Schneider. They could hope there is an amnesty buyout in the next CBA agreement which they could use on Luongo if he’s untradeable, but this is a long shot.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Zach Parise on his future if they lose on Tuesday:
“It’s blocked out,” Parise said of what his hockey future might hold if the Devils are eliminated. “I don’t think about it and I really don’t want to talk about it.”
Martin Brodeur on his future:
“Career-wise, I don’t feel it will be the last (game),” Brodeur said. “But opportunity-wise, you never know. Who knows what position we’ll be in this time next year. I just want to keep this going regardless of what the future brings for me.”