Luongo would waive his NTC … Pens want to re-sign Crosby and Staal … Grabovski gets offer before Leafs deal … Kesler injury
- Updated: April 24, 2012
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Canucks Roberto Luongo tells reporters that he would waive his no trade clause if asked.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: It’s no secret the the Blue Jackets need a starting goalie, but due to Roberto Luongo’s age and contract, he would be a last resort.
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Penguins GM Ray Shero said that it is their goal to re-sign both Jordan Staal and Sidney Crosby. Shero added that his is “not sure” if he can do it until he speaks with Staal and Crosby, and has a better idea of the landscape. The CBA will be a factor as well. Shelly Anderson via twitter: Shero on trading one of their 3 big centers: “We have to take a look over the next couple months.”
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Penguins GM Ray Shero: “I think Dan Bylsma is the right coach for our team”
- Brian Hedger via twitter: Red Wings Nicklas Lidstrom: “I want to take a few weeks and get over this. It’s hard when you’re just a few days away from losing.”
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Maple Leafs Mikhail Grabovski tells goal.by that he had doubts about re-signing with the Leafs and that he had an offer from another club. Darren Dreger responds with how can he get an offer if he was still under contract with the Leafs, and that it might have come from the KHL. Chesnokov thinks it might have some from Minsk … or that he said too much.
- Ben Kuzma via twitter: Canucks Ryan Kesler has a shoulder injury. Doctors will look at it further to determine if surgery is needed. He injured it in February.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Masterton finalists: Daniel Alfredsson, Joffrey Lupul and Max Pacioretty.
- James Mirtle via twitter: GM of the Year finalists: Doug Armstrong, David Poile and Dale Tallon.