- Predators on NHL.com: The Predators have suspended Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn for Game 3 for violating team rules.
“The Nashville Predators have a few simple rules centered around doing the right things,” Poile said. “We have always operated with a team-first mentality and philosophy. Violating team rules is not fair to our team and their teammates.”
- Chris Stevenson via twitter: Rumors are that Radulov and Kostitsyn were out late before Game 2.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators GM David Poile:
“Pretty easy decision,” he said. “Our creed is always to try to do the right thing. I try to do that in my personal life, so I should try to do it in my business life, and we’ve just done the right thing. We put the team ahead of a couple of individual players and we’ll see where we go from there.”
“It’s just a team rule,” he said. “Everybody has the same team rules, and what they did was unacceptable, and coaches and myself had to come to the plate and do the right thing for the team.”
- Jim Diamond via twitter: Alexander Radulov:
“It was something I didn’t do right.” “They did what they had to (do).”
- Devils PR via twitter: Devils Ilya Kovalchuk is day-to-day and has been dealing with the injury since the 1st round. GM Lou Lamoriello said that Kovalchuk will miss Game 2.
- Rich Chere via twitter: Devils lines: Elias centers for Parise and Clarkson; Zajac centers for Sykora and Zubrus. D Peter Harrold on 4th line with Gionta and Carter.
- Adam Kimelman via twitter: Flyers lines: Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr, Read-Schenn-Simmonds, Rinaldo-Briere-Voracek, Talbot-Courturier-Wellwood.