A deal in place to buy the Coyotes … Radulov-Kostitsyn could return … Trade Anderson? Staal to ‘Canes makes sense … Giroux hit could get a look at
- Updated: May 7, 2012
- John Manasso of NHL.com: Predators coach Barry Trotz said there is a “high probability” that Alex Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn will return for Game 5. The Predators are down 3-1 in the series and were shut out in their last game.
- Dave Zorn via twitter: TV reports that there is a deal between the NHL and Greg Jamison to buy the Phoenix Coyotes. Gary Bettman and Jamison will be in town and have a press conference on Tuesday. David Pagnotta via twitter: The sale still needs to be approved by the Board of Governors and by Glendale City Council. Lisa Halverstadt via twitter: Sources are saying that Jamison is trying to get an item on the Glendale City Council agenda for Tuesday.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: It’s unlikely to happen, but Brennan thinks it might be a good time for the Senators to trade Craig Anderson, especially if Daniel Alfredsson is going to retire. Some of their offensive prospects still may need some time in the minors, and they may not be able to get any offensive players in free agency. Dealing from their strength, goaltending, could be an option. Putting Anderson in a package could get them a point producing forward and a defensive defenseman. The Lightning, Devils, Jets and Blue Jackets may be eager to talk. Malcolm Subban could be a draft option at #15.
- Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail: Reasons that Jordan Staal may be dealt are the Penguins burgeoning payroll, how the new CBA may look, and that he’s 3rd on the Pens depth chart behind Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. The Pens wouldn’t make a draft day trade with the Oilers for the #1 pick just to make a splash since the draft is in Pittsburgh. A trade to the Hurricanes to reunite with his brother Eric does make some sense. The Hurricanes have defenseman Justin Faulk, Staal wannabe Brandon Sutter (not as much offensive upside) and the 8th overall pick.
- Pierre LeBrun of ESPN: The Canadiens are in discussions with the Maple Leafs to bring in Rick Dudley. A move from the Leafs to the Canadiens is complicated in that both teams have high picks in the draft, and Dudley has done the prep work on it for the Leafs. The Leafs would prefer to wait until the draft is over before Dudley became the Canadiens assistant GM.
- The League will look at Flyers Claude Giroux’s hit on Danius Zubrus, but will a suspension come down?