Radulov-Kostitsyn broke curfew by an hour … Preds notes … Semin done with Caps, NHL? Kreider moves up to 2nd line
- Updated: May 12, 2012
- Michael Farber of SI.com (via Dirk Hoag of On the Forecheck): Predators Alexander Radulov and Andrei Kostitsyn broke curfew by 1 hour, which earned them their 1 game suspension. They were poolside at the W, an alcohol free soiree according to a source.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Ryan Suter’s free agent decision will affect Shea Weber’s situation. Throw in Radulov’s free agency and curfew violations, it’s going to be busy offseason for the Predators. They have 15 total free agents. 3 things that we know for sure: “1. The Suter, Weber, Radulov story lines will dominate the offseason for Nashville. 2. If Suter does decide to leave, it won’t be a ll doom and gloom for Nashville. 3. The Predators must make a decision on Sergei Kostitsyn.”
- Darren Dreger of TSN: Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin has called Brian Burke several times to try and persuade him to allow Rick Dudley to join the Habs before the Draft, but it’s not a top priority for Burke. There is a window that allows Dudley to leave, and the Leafs control the situation until it opens. At the next GM meetings, some GMs will bring up compensation for head coaches, GMs, and assistant GMs that are hired by other teams. Dreger says that Ryan Suter has earned the right to test the free agent market, and it won’t be an easy decision for him to sign elsewhere. It is possible that they could keep both Suter and Shea Weber, but it would have a financial strain on the team, depending on the new CBA.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: Alexander Semin could be playing in his last game for the Capitals, and maybe his last NHL game. He’ll be a UFA and the Capitals “won’t re-sign him.”
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Sports.ru is reporting that Kirill Kabanov will play of Salavat of the KHL. BD Gallof via twitter: KHL is better money than the AHL. Isles fan shouldn’t worry if Kabanov says there for a year, if it’s 2 years, then worry.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Apparently the Flyers have so many players that may require surgery, they won’t be able to sort it out until next week.
- Tom Gulitti via twitter: Devils coach Peter DeBoer expects Anton Volchenkov and Marek Zidlicky to be ready for Game 1 of the conference finals.
- Andrew Gross via twitter: Rangers forward Chris Kreider was practicing with the 2nd line, Ryan Callahan and Derek Stepan, yesterday.