Lidstrom press conference tomorrow morning … Rumors of retirement
- Updated: May 30, 2012
- Detroit Red Wings:
The Detroit Red Wings have scheduled a press conference for Thursday, May 31, 2012, beginning at 11:00 a.m. ET in the C.C. Olympia Club at Joe Louis Arena. Participants at tomorrow’s press conference will include Red Wings Executive Vice President & General Manager Ken Holland and team captain Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Aaron Ward via twitter: According a source, Lidstrom will be announcing his retirement.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: Lidstrom is expected to retire tomorrow.
- Helene St. James via twitter: Source confirms that Lidstrom is retiring.
- Tim Wharnsby via twitter: GM Ken Holland on Lidstrom: “I’ll let him make his announcement. He’s earned that right.”
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Sounds like Lidstrom could be retiring, Holland won’t confirm.
- CapGeek via twitter: Lidstrom made $50.1 million in 7 years since the lockout. $42.5 million in the 5 years before the lockout. An estimated $99.93 million during his entire career.