Crosby and Pens talking … Could Blackhawks be interested in Parise? Wings not interested in Radulov … CBJ talking with Davidson … Terrible OT Goal
- Updated: June 8, 2012
- Renaud Lavoie of RDS: Through google translate, the Penguins and Sidney Crosby’s agent Pat Brisson have begun contract negotiations. They have held preliminary discussions, and a formal contract can’t be completed until after July 1st.
- Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times: With the salary cap going up to $70.3 million, the Blackhawks have some flexibility and could be interested in Zach Parise. If the Devils fee they can’t re-sign him, they may look to deal his rights. After the GM meetings, GM Stan Bowman said they may be looking at adding “substantial players from other teams.” Bowman may be active around the draft.
- CSN Philly: If Ryan Suter re-signs with Predators (or elsewhere), could the Detroit Red Wings be interested in a guy like Flyers Matt Carle. The Wings are looking for Dmen and the free agent crop is a little light: Dennis Wideman, Barret Jackman, Carlo Colaiacovo and Jason Garrison.
- Alexander Zaytsev via twitter: Evgeni Malkin: “If I were Radulov, I’d stay in the NHL to prove that the
#Predators made a mistake when they let him go.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Red Wings don’t have an interest in Alexander Radulov, and won’t be looking at trading for him.
- Katie Strange of ESPN: The Rangers have made some progress in their talks with backup goalie Martin Biron. Biron is believed to be looking for a multi-year deal.
- Craig Custance of ESPN: Kings assistant GM Ron Hextall could be ready to become a GM in the NHL. “He should have a job as a GM,” said Flyers senior vice president Bobby Clarke, who got Hextall started in the Flyers’ front office with a scouting job. “He’s smart, he’s competitive, he works like hell. He should be a general manager.”
- Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch: Blues president of hockey operations, John Davidson, has met with the Blue Jackets. He was interviewed on May 29th, and has a 30 day window in his contract to pursue other opportunities. If Davidson joins the Blue Jackets, it would be interesting to see what impact that would have on Rick Nash.
- Scott Cruickshank of the Calgary Herald: The Flames have released assistant coach Craig Hartsburg.
- Tough way to lose in OT: Norfolk wins Game 3 of the Calder Cup
← Previous Story Avalanche re-sign David Jones and Matt Hunwick