Nash likely dealt this week … Sharks to sign Stuart … Jagr to test waters … Flyers update … Bruins to look at trades … Blackhawks sign 3
- Updated: June 18, 2012
- TSN Radio via twitter: Aaron Portzline tells TSN radio that the odds are “pretty good” that Rick Nash gets traded by the NHL Draft.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Sharks are expected to announce the signing of Brad Stuart to a 3 year deal either today or tomorrow.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Jaromir Jagr plans on testing free agency. Also plans to adjust his training program to shed some weight and to get faster.
- Randy Miller via twitter: Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said they won’t make a trade before the draft to get the rights of a free agent. Sarah Baicker via twitter: Flyers GM Holmgren said their is no change on Chris Pronger, he has “good days and bad days.” Holmgren is “fairly certain” that he’ll be able to re-sign Matt Carle, but they can’t do anything right now. Holmgren said their forward depth is greater than along the blueline, thought it doesn’t mean they’ll draft a Dman in the 1st round. Randy Miller via twitter: The Flyers have made qualifying offers to Jakub Voracek and Marc-Andre Bourdon to retain their rights. The Flyers don’t plan on trading up in the draft.
- Jimmy Murphy via twitter: Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli thinks he’ll be more active in the trade market after free agency starts than this week at the draft, though it could change.
- Brian Hedger via twitter: The Blackhawks have signed Brandon Bollig and Ben Smith to 2 year contracts. Goalie Carter Hutton gets a 1 year deal, and goalie Alexander Salak is released.