- Bob McKenzie via twitter: McKenzie is hearing that Ducks Bobby Ryan is “available” again. This doesn’t mean that he will be traded, but it does mean the Ducks phone has been ringing and they’ll be listening. If the Ducks were to move Ryan, McKenzie thinks it would be for 2 or 3 building block pieces that would increase depth but not payroll. Tom Reed via twitter: This doesn’t come at a good time for the Blue Jackets, as Ryan is younger and cheaper than Rick Nash. Luke DeCock via twitter: The Hurricanes will kick tires on Ryan like they did over the winter. May be a better fit than Nash.
- Dustin Leed via twitter: The Flyers have met with a few players and informed them that they may be interested in trading up to select them.
- Birky via twitter: Darren Dreger said on TSN1050 that the Maple Leafs are not interested in Niklas Backstrom, and not in Roberto Luongo without money going the other way.
- Damien Cox via twitter: Another reason that Mikhail Grigorenko is plummeting on draft boards is that “I think he’s 20, not 18,” according to a Western Conference GM. Brian Huddle via twitter: A lot of people in the industry think that Grigorenko is 20, Huddle has heard it a couple times.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: Penguins GM Ray Shero on his defenseman: “Teams are looking for D-man, so I’m getting quite a few calls.”
TSN Rumor roundup
- Todd Cordell via twitter: LeBrun said the Flyers are “very aggressive” in their attempts to get Rick Nash out of Columbus. Dreger says the Hurricanes want to add 1 or 2 forwards and will make “a hard pull” for Jordan Staal.
- Spector’s Hockey via twitter: Dreger suggested the Senators could be in on Rick Nash, they have plenty of young assets to offer. Dreger suggests a Nash deal could happen as early as this weekend. James van Riemsdyk, Derek Roy, Jay Bouwmeester, Luke Schenn, Bobby Ryan and Roberto Luongo are possible players that could get traded this weekend. Dreger dismisses that Evander Kane doesn’t want to re-sign with the Jets rumors.