- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Red Wings have re-signed Darren Helm to a 4 year, $8.5 million deal. Capgeek via twitter: The Red Wings now have 19 players under contract with $24.1 million in cap space.
- Elliott Pap of the Vancouver Sun: The Canucks have sent qualifying offers to RFAs Cory Schneider, Eddie Lack and Dale Weise. June 25th is the deadline for qualifying offers. RFAs who haven’t received qualifying offers yet: Marc-Andre Gragnani, Mike Duco, Victor Oreskovich and Ryan Parent.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: The Stars have extended qualifying offers to Jamie Benn and Philip Larsen.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Teams needing goalie help should pay attention to Ondrej Pavelec negotiations with Winnipeg. Pavelec is a RFA and has a big offer from the KHL. It will take $4 million per on a multi-year deal. Jets only options are to pay him or trade him.
- Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post Dispatch: Even with the re-signing of Barret Jackman, the Blues are looking to add another defenseman.
“We want to find a top-four defenseman,” Blues general manager Doug Armstrong said. “If we could add one player that we feel really comfortable about being in the four, then we really feel good about our group.
“When I view a top-four player, it’s someone that’s a 5-on-5 player obviously and potentially touch both ends of the special teams.”
“To say that you want to find a player to play with Petro … Petro can play with anybody,” Armstrong said. “I think Petro could move to the left and play with (Shattenkirk).”
“Whoever we find there has to be a player that can help him move the puck,” Hitchcock said. “Their ability to exit the zone quickly is going to be really important.”
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Koshan lists the top 5 players that could be traded: Rick Nash, Roberto Luongo, Jordan Staal, Luke Schenn and Patrick Kane.