- Colorado Avalanche via twitter: The Avalanche have re-signed Matt Duchene to a 2 year contract. Bob McKenzie via twitter: Duchene gets $3.25 million next year and $3.75 million the following year.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: The Panthers interest in Roberto Luongo is lukewarm at best. It’s unlikely they take on the $6.7 million salary over the next 6 years. Maple Leafs remain the most logical choice.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: Brandon Prust’s days as a Ranger are likely over.
“I don’t think we’re going to get that one done,” said the GM … “I like him, the team likes him, everybody likes him … but I’m not married to him.”
Prust is believed to be looking for a 3 year deal worth $6.6 million. The Rangers may be offering 3 years and $5.4 million. Trade talks with the Blue Jackets about Rick Nash have hit a wall again due to the “laughable demands.” Talks with the Ducks about Ryan haven’t advanced. Staal talks didn’t get far. 2 sources are saying the Rangers received a significant number of inquiries for Brandon Dubinsky. Teams that are looking to acquire him, are interested in moving him back to center, he’s been a LWer for the last 2 years. Jordan Staal had rejected a 10 year, $60 million deal from the Penguins on Thursday.
- Spector’s Hockey via twitter: Dreger is reporting that the Penguins and Rangers were talking earlier yesterday about Jordan Staal, which put pressure on the Hurricanes to do a deal.
- Tim Panaccio of CSNPhilly: Coyotes GM Don Maloney was canvassing for offers for defenseman Keith Yandle. The Flyers would be interested, but so would the Red Wings and others. Yandle has 4 years left on his deal with a $5.25 million salary cap hit. The Flyers are still interested in Ducks Bobby Ryan, but a source said the price is very high, Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier plus James van Riemsdyk. The Flyers at the moment don’t want to part with Schenn or Couturier.
- Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald: Teams don’t normally call the Bruins about trades:
“I’ve been pretty clear over the last year and a bit that I really like a large part of the makeup of our team,” said Chiarelli. “I really don’t get a lot of calls. Guys come and cherry-pick once in a while on some of our high-end guys, and I don’t blame them for doing that. But I don’t get a lot of calls.”
Several teams have called the Bruins about Tim Thomas. Teams that are looking to use his use salary cap hit to get close to the salary floor.
- Pat Steinberg of Sportsnet: The Flames have held trade talks with teams about Jay Bouwmeester. Moving Bouwmeester would give the Flames a lot more financial flexibility.