- Arthur Staple via twitter: Lubomir Visnovsky said that Slovak website interview was before the trade to the NY Islanders. Was asked if he would stay in Slovakia or sign with the KHL is there was a lockout. Staple talked with Visnovsky who said he’s to go to camp and play. “This is my first choice, to play for the Islanders.”
- The Fourth Period: A source is saying the Panthers are serious about bringing in Roberto Luongo. The source also indicated the Luongo is now only willing to waive his no-movement clause to go to Florida. The Canucks are believed to be asking for 2010 1st round pick Nick Bjugstad, but the Panthers are no interested in doing that.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Heard over the weekend at the draft that if the Blackhawks could make the money work, Roberto Luongo to Chicago.
- Paul Hendrick via twitter: After the Luke Schenn-James van Riemsdyk trade, Hendrick tweeted “leafs not done yet.”
- The Fourth Period: The Senators attempted to trade for Zbynek Michalek before he was dealt to the Coyotes. The Sens are looking to add a veteran defenseman.
“(Penguins GM Ray Shero) told me what the contract was and what he was going to do, and I said, ‘That’s great, but unless you take an equal contract back, I can’t do it,’ ” Murray told the Sun. “So I was never really in it.”
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Penguins defenseman Paul Martin has limited protection. The Penguins know where they can and where they can’t send him.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: Carchidi thinks it might take Jakub Voracek and draft picks to land Bobby Ryan.