Big Rangers news today? Nash trade talks heating up … Schultz down to 2 or 3 … Kings not liking Bernier offers … Flyers notes
- Updated: June 30, 2012
- John Buccigross via twitter: There could be some big news regarding the New York Rangers today.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: Portzline has strong reason to believe that Rick Nash trade talk is heating up considerably on the eve of free agency.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: Word is that the Oilers and Senators are the 2 final teams for Justin Schultz. A 3rd team may still have a shot, told he still hasn’t made a decision. Could be a mid afternoon decision.
- Andy Strickland via twitter: The Kings haven’t been happy with the offers they are getting for Jonathan Bernier. They are hoping for a 1st round pick.
- Joe Haggerty via twitter: Look for the Bruins to stay the course when free agency starts.
- John Boruk via twitter: Scott Clemmensen or Chris Mason may be the Flyers best options as a back-up goalie at this point.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: If Martin Biron didn’t re-sign with the Rangers, he would have been interested in returning to the Flyers. Seems doubtful they the Flyers can re-sign Jaromir Jagr. Paul Gaustad would be an ideal player for the Flyers. Ruslan Fedotenko is another option. The Flyers are still in on Bobby Ryan. Ducks GM Bob Murray wanted Brayden Schenn or Sean Couturier. It’s unlikely they move either Schenn or Couturier. There would be a major hole in the Flyers blueline if Matt Carle leaves. The Flyers would be interested in Ryan Suter and Zach Parise, but it doesn’t appear that they are interested in them.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: The Penguins have re-signed goalie Brad Thiessen to a 1 year, 2 way deal worth $525,000.