Parise meeting with Lou … Ducks did everything to try to sign Schultz … Leafs targeting Prust? Brodeur and ‘Hawks … Stars letting 5 UFAs hit market
- Updated: June 30, 2012
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: Hearing that Zach Parise is to meet with Devils GM Lou Lamoriello today for one final time before free agency starts at noon tomorrow.
- Michael Russo via twitter: Zach Parise will be in Toronto with his agents tomorrow.
- Eric Stephens via twitter: Bruce Boudreau said that Ducks GM Bob Murray “did everything right and everything in his power” in his attempt to sign Justin Schultz.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Maple Leafs aren’t up to anything after Colby Armstrong buy out, just clearing cap space. Leafs weren’t certain that Armstrong could bounce back from injuries. Nick Kypreos via twitter: One might think that the Maple Leafs might be willing to slide Armstrong’s salary over to Brandon Prust. It’s believed he’s looking for $3 million.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Expecting Ryan Smyth and the Oilers to conclude negotiations today. Trying to get a deal done before tomorrow.
- Pittsburgh Penguins via twitter: Penguins re-sign defenseman Matt Niskanen to a 2 year contract for $4.6 million.
- Tracey Myers of CSN Chicago: Myers wonders if Martin Brodeur could be what the Blackhawks need.
- Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News: The Stars have informed 5 of their unrestricted free agents that they won’t be re-signing them before July 1st, but not closing the door on possible returns: Sheldon Souray, Adam Burish, Radek Dvorak, Jake Dowell and Toby Petersen.
← Previous Story Colby Armstrong to be bought out by the Maple Leafs