Morning NHL rumors on Parise (Pens, Wings and Sens) … Flyers talking Nash deal … Possible Leafs targets … Leafs had Schultz
- Updated: July 1, 2012
- Rob Rossi via twitter: The Penguins offer for Zach Parise could be in the $7-8 million range. Not likely to be front loaded or bonus offers. Josh Yohe via twitter: Expects the Penguins to offer something around 10 years and $75-80 million. Adrian Dater via twitter: Dater thinks the Wings will go $100 million. Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: Brennan thinks the Senators should make a pitch for Zach Parise, and sources are saying they will. It’s highly unlikely that he’d sign with the Sens.
- Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly: 2 sources have said the Flyers are in serious discussions with the Blue Jackets about acquiring Rick Nash. Problem for the Flyers is if they have the assets to get Nash without gutting their forwards. Blue Jackets GM Scott Howson wants Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier, or one of them with several other players. Since the Flyers just traded for Brayden’s brother, unlikely that he’s dealt. The Rangers want Nash more than the Flyers.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Dater wonders if Alexander Semin would be a good fit in Colorado.
- Adrian Dater via twitter: Guesses Daniel Winnik ends up with the Maple Leafs.
- Damien Cox via twitter: The Maple Leafs tried hard to get Justin Schultz. They made a conditional deal last weekend (2nd round pick) to the Ducks for a 24 hours of exclusive negotiating rights. Schultz wanted to wait so the Leafs didn’t lose anything.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Don’t expect the Maple Leafs to make a big splash when free agency kicks off. GM Brian Burke has made it clear that he may improve his roster through trade over free agency. They could take a look at Brandon Prust, and there have been some talk of Shane Doan though he’d prefer to stay with the Coyotes. Martin Brodeur could help the Leafs. Potential trade targets could be Roberto Luongo (maybe), Rick Nash (no) or Bobby Ryan (you never know). RFAs the Leafs need to re-sign: Nikolai Kulemin, Matt Frattin, Cody Franson, Ben Scrivens and Korbinian Holzer.
- Bruce Garrioch via twitter: Matt Carkner turned down a 1 year, $750,000 deal from the Senators.
← Previous Story Justin Schultz will be signing with the Edmonton Oilers