- Slava Malamud via twitter: Alexander Radulov has signed a 4 year deal with CSKA of the KHL. Sergei Fedorov is the GM of CSKA, and is heavily courting Alexander Semin. BD Gallof via twitter: Told that the Islanders were never warm on Semin.
- Bob McKenzie via twitter: It likely won’t be until mid/late afternoon that Zach Parise makes his decision. Ryan Suter’s decision is likely to happen after Parise.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: If Zach Parise is sold on the Wild becoming a contender, they are in the lead. Things could be coming down to Wild, Penguins and Devils. Tom Gulitti via twitter: Gulitti doesn’t think that Martin Brodeur re-signing with the Devils means that Zach Parise isn’t coming back, has to be a positive if anything. Gulitti has been told the Devils made “a very competitive offer” to Parise. Have to wonder how much of the budget would be left for other players if he did sign. Rob Rossi via twitter: The Penguins went above their initial plan with regards to Parise. No guarantee but they are confident. Dustin Leed via twitter: Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger said on NHL Insiders that the “Flyers are most aggressive financially,” $100 million to Parise and Suter.
- Curtis Zupke on NHL.com: Ducks GM Bob Murray:
“I’m more confused than ever now,” Murray said. “I read everything. I moved on. I’m confused because if he had it in his mind that wanted to play in Canada, I get that. I’m Canadian, too. But Eric Lindros, when he went to Quebec, he went to his team that drafted him and said, ‘No, I’m not going to play here.’ He allowed that team to make the move to get something for him. He told us numerous times he wanted to play with us. He needed to just tell us the truth.”
Murray on Teeme Selanne:
“We’ve texted and he’s been playing a bunch of golf this week,” Murray said. “We’ll talk more. I’m sure he was paying attention to today and tomorrow closely. We will talk.”
- Tim Panaccio via twitter: Jamomir Jagr’s agent said they received 21 offers.