- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Sounds crazy that the Wild are offering deals in the $100 million range.
- Larry Brooks of the NY Post: The Rangers will look at Shane Doan if he decides to the leave the Coyotes according to sources.
“We haven’t entered into negotiations with any other teams, but Shane wants to be forthright and honest with clubs that have contacted us, and so we’ve let these clubs know whether there is mutual interest,” Terry Bross, Doan’s agent, told The Post yesterday.
“I don’t want to be specific about what teams those are, but there are no restrictions against negotiating with teams in the East … or the one in Manhattan.”
“As we’ve stated previously, Shane’s priority is to make a decision based on his loyalty to the club, but he wants to get a clearer idea regarding the franchise’s long-term future in Phoenix,” Bross said of Doan, who is coming off a five-year contract worth $4.75 million per.
“We’re hoping that the referendum does not get enough signatures to push the lease onto the ballot in November.”
“Shane has made it clear he will begin talking to other clubs next week if the situation with Coyotes has not been resolved,” Bross said.
“That’s what he’s waiting for.”
- Aaron Ward via twitter: After Suter signs, the next biggest winner will be Matt Carle.
- David Staples of the Edmonton Journal: Bob Stauffer of Oilers Now:
“If Preds GM David Poile loses (unrestricted free agent, Ryan) Suter for nothing, there is NO way he can lose Weber for nothing as well in a year from now if Weber goes UFA.
“Surely Weber could get the same type of deal as Suter on the market…but if CBA changes those 12-13 year deals may come to an end.
“If Ryan Suter gets a 13 year-100M contract does Shea Weber’s agent Jarrett Bousquet force Nashville’s hand before new-CBA kicks in?”
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Shea Weber’s options after Ryan Suter signs: “1) accept Q.O at $7.5 mil. 2) wait for offer sheet. 3) sign longterm with Preds. 4) push for trade.”