- Josh Rimer of NextSportStar.com interviews Zach Parise.
Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: The Wings offered Ryan Suter a 13 year, $90 million deal, as they see him as the best transition from Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart. Red Wings GM Ken Holland met with Suter yesterday at Suter’s farm in Madison Wisconsin. If Suter signs elsewhere, their next best options are Matt Carle and Carlo Colaiacovo. The Wings currently have $17 million in cap space with about $5 million set for RFAs Justin Abdelkader and Kyle Quincey. Though the cap is now set at $70.2 million, that could change with a new CBA and they don’t want to be handcuffed. If they don’t get Zach Parise, they may wait until July 9th to see what Shane Doan will do.
- Detroit Free Press via twitter: No decision is imminent with regards to Ryan Suter. Probably won’t come before Thursday.
- Josh Yohe via twitter: Yohe has been told that if the Penguins land Ryan Suter, look for them to trade Paul Martin to the Predators. That said, Yohe thinks Suter will end up in Detroit.
- Jim Matheson via twitter: The Ducks are still looking hard for a #2 center after Derek Roy was traded to the Stars. Matheson wonders about a David Krejci for Bobby Ryan deal?
- Slava Malamud via twitter: CSKA GM Sergei Fedorov tells @ru_sportexpress that they are actively pursuing Alexander Semin.