Zach Parise and Ryan Suter have both decided to sign with the Minnesota Wild.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Parise gets a 13 year deal worth $98 million. Elliotte Friedman via twitter: Reports that both contracts are the same. (works out to about a $7,538,461.54 cap hit)
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: “Salary breakdown for Suter/Parise: $12M next two seasons, then $11M, followed by five years at $9M. Last five years are: 8, 6, 2, 1, 1.” Pierre LeBrun via twitter: “Parise and Suter each get $25 million in signing bonuses: $10 M payable now, $10 M payable July 1, 2013 and $5 M on July 1, 2014″
- Elliotte Friedman via twitter: On legitimacy of the deals : “because contract drops by more than 50 per cent from Year 10 to 11 ($6M to $2M)…That CBA article (known as the 100 per cent rule) is tied into the first two seasons of a contract. Because Suter/Parise will make $12M…In seasons 1 and 2, the max drop can be $6M from year to year. So there are no issues on the back end.”
- Josh Cooper via twitter: Sources saying the Predators offered was 13 years, $90 million.
- Will DePaoli via twitter: DePaoli can confirm that Parise decision came down to the Wild and Devils. If Suter were to pick the Red Wings, Parise would have headed back to New Jersey.
- Pierre LeBrun via twitter: Predators GM David Poile said they never got a chance to make a counter-offer.