- Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic: Shane Doan’s agent, Terry Bross:
“I expect by Tuesday we’ll probably start listening to some offers, get an idea of where he kind of fits in the market, and take that next step,” said Terry Bross,Doan’s agent. “I wouldn’t say anything’s imminent.”
“Pending the outcome of that conversation, it could go one of two ways,” Bross said. “I would think if they don’t have the signatures and it looks like the Jamison thing is going to go (through), then Don and I would get a little more serious in our dialogue about a new contract.
“If they do have the signatures or something throws a wrench in it and they say we’re looking at two months before we can make a decision, I think we have to listen to some other offers.”“There are two or three that he’d take a long hard look at, and it’d break his heart to do so,” Bross said.
- Terry Koshan of the Toronto Sun: Doan’s agent said there are as many as 16 teams interested in Doan. The Maple Leafs are included, although as of Friday, they hadn’t contacted them.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Doan’s agents said they will start accepting contract offers today, and the Red Wings have already reached out.
“Yeah, I think Shane has interest in Detroit,” Bross said. “That would be fair to say.”
The Wings are prepared to fly out and meet him face-to-face if need be.
- David Pollak of the San Jose Mercury News: According to Doan’s agent, there is a “strong mutual interest” between the Sharks and Doan, and they “have been in contact with Mr. Wilson.”
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: It doesn’t sound promising that the Doan would join the Avs.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Doan’s agent confirmed that the Hurricanes are one of the teams interested in signing Doan.
- Chris Kuc via twitter: Doan’s agent confirmed that the Blackhawks are one of the teams interested in signing Doan.
- Dennis Bernstein via twitter: There is mutual interest between the Kings and Doan.
- XTRA Sports 910 via twitter: Doan’s agent yesterday said: “We’re not ready to take offers right now. Shane wants to see what happens w/ PHX first.”