- David Pollak via twitter: The Sharks have signed Marc-Edouard Vlasic to a 5 year deal. Jesse Spector via twitter: The 5 year deal is for $21 million.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: Kovacevic doesn’t get the sense that the Penguins are that keen on Alexander Semin. The Penguins preference may be to find a young 20 goal scored on someone’s roster for one of their young defensemen, similar how they got James Neal. The Oilers could be a perfect partner. The Penguins could send Shane Doan a big one year offer to give GM Ray Shero another year to find his next Neal.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Ryan Suter believes he was straight forward with the Predators during his contract talks.
“It’s something that happened. And the fact that I do get to be close to home with my wife and my kid, for me to be close to home, it all worked out,” Suter said. “It was no agenda, and that’s how it played out.”
“I have never tried to hide anything from anybody,” Suter said. “I wanted it to work in Nashville, but the decision I made was to move on, and I’m sorry for the hurt that it has brought to David Poile and to the Predators.”
Suter said he never promised Poile the last chance at him in negotiations.
- Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington: The Capitals have signed Zach Hamill to a 1 year, 2 way contract.
- Ansar Khan via twitter: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said there will be 2 Winter Classic alumni games.