Panthers sign Mueller … Weber-Preds to talk next week … Nothing new on Subban … Roy has surgery … Sens need to get more physical
- Updated: July 12, 2012
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Panthers have signed Peter Mueller to a 1 year, $1.725 million deal.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Predators GM David Poile on Shea Weber:
“I talked to (his agent) Jarrett (Bousquet) yesterday and had a good conversation,” Poile said. “Shea and all his friends and people will be together this weekend for his charity golf tournament in his name in Sicamous (British Columbia). They’re going to be doing that and then we’re going to talk next week.”
“It’s all about talking about Shea and to see if we can get him signed to a longer-term contract with the Predators,” Poile said. “My conversations have always been very positive with Shea, his role and his future with the organization in terms of where the franchise is going.”
- Dave Stubbs via twitter: P.K. Subban’s agent, Don Meehan, said last night that there is nothing to report on contract talks between Subban and the Canadiens.
- Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: The Penguins are still searching for a top 6 forward to likely play with Sidney Crosby. It’s possible they could look within the organization, such as Tyler Kennedy, Eric Tangradi or Beau Bennett. The best UFA available are Shane Doan and Alexander Semin.
- Mike Heika via twitter: Stars center Derek Roy had shoulder surgery yesterday and will be out until November. Roy had shoulder pain last year and played through it, and he planned to do the same this year. The Stars felt it was time to fix it. Jerry Sullivan via twitter: Sullivan notes that Roy’s surgery raises serious issues about the way the Sabres deal with injuries.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators could still use some more physical players to round out their roster after the departure of Matt Carkner and Zenon Konopka. 3 UFAs that might help are Brad Winchester, Zack Stortini and Matt Bradley.