- John Gambadoro via twitter: NHL source confirmed to Gambadoro that an Eastern Conference team offered Shane Doan a 4 year, $30 million plus deal.
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: OC Register reporter Mark Whicker said on 98.5 the Sports Hub’s radio on Thursday night that an offer of David Krejci and a 1st round pick “would be the one to beat” and might get a trade done (just his opinion). Haggerty adds this if it was offered/proposed, it might be one that Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli wouldn’t be able to say “no thanks” to. Adding a prospect like Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner or Jared Knight, along with Krejci and a 1st, may be too much. CSNNE confirms that trade talks with several teams have centered around Milan Lucic and Dougie Hamilton as desired players. Ryan and Krijci are close in points (259 to 276) and both have salaries more than $5 million.
- Don Brennan of the Ottawa Sun: The Senators could use someone that brings a physical aspect. The Sens may have missed the boat on B.J. Crombeen. Brennan list some players who the Senators should ask about (realizing some are unlikely): Shawn Thornton (Bos), Patrick Kaleta (Buf), Steve Downie (Col), Derek Dorsett and Jared Boll (CBJ), Brenden Morrow (Dal), Ben Eager (Edm), Krys Barch (Fla), Kyle Clifford (LA), Cal Clutterbuck (Min), Tim Jackman (Cal), Daniel Carcillo (Chi), Cam Janssen and Eric Boulton (NJ), Matt Martin (NYI), Mike Rupp (NYR), Scott Hartnell, Wayne Simmonds, Zach Rinaldo and Tom Sestito (Phi), Chris Stewart (Stl), Maxim Lapierre, Dale Weise and Zack Smith (Van), Matt Hendricks (Was), Chris Thorburn (Win).
- James Mirtle via twitter: The only way Mirtle can see James van Riemsdyk working at center between Lupul and Kessel is if they stay in the offensive zone most of the time, which is possible. van Riemsdyk would be solid fit on right wing with Grabovski and MacArthur. If no center is brought in, leaves Connolly/Bozak to center Lupul and Kessel.
- Mike Halford of Pro Hockey Talk: According to Dominik Hasek’s (47 years old), agent, Ritch Winter, he plan is still the NHL:
“He will play,” Winter told ProHockeyTalk. “There is no option. He will play and he will excel and he will do all of the things he can do.
“That’s his view of it. There’s one objective, and that’s it — he won’t fail.”
Winter added he’s fielded interest from about 6 teams, and on Toronto: “It doesn’t look like a spot.”
- Ben Meyer-Abbott via twitter: Blackhawks GM Stan Bowman didn’t say he wasn’t interested in Roberto Luongo, just said he can’t comment on players that are under contract with other teams.
- Brian Hedger via twitter: Blackhawks GM Bowman said that everything to this point regarding Marian Hossa sounds great. He’s feeling much better and doesn’t think there is a reason that he won’t be ready for training camp.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Kings forward Simon Gagne had neck surgery 3 weeks ago, and is now 100% healthy and ready to start training.
- Aaron Portzline via twitter: The Blue Jackets have begun talks with 2012 2nd overall draft pick, Ryan Murray.