- Nick Kypreos via twitter: “Weber offer sheet from #Flyers. 1st 4 yrs 1M salary+13M sb; yrs 5-6 4M sal+ 8Msb; yrs 7-10 6M sal; year 11 3M sal; last 3 yrs 1M sal “
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: If the Predators match, they must keep him for 1 calender year, and pay him $27 million.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: Dreger is hearing that in one calendar year, Weber could get $26 million.
- Nick Kypreos via twitter: The Flyers offer may be in the ballpark of $110 million for Weber.
- Jim Diamond via twitter: Diamond is fairly certain that the Predators would have offered more as it got closer to Sept. 15th. (tweeted before Kypreos mentioned the $110 million)
- TSN: The Philadelphia Flyers have signed Shea Weber to a 14 year deal worth upwards of $100 million. The Predators have 7 days to match it. Depending on what the cap hit is, if the the Predators didn’t match, compensation is expected to be either 4 1st round picks or 2 1st round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd.
- Frank Seravalli of the Philadelphia Daily News: Darren Dreger reporting it’s a 14 year offer sheet at over $100 million. Predators part owner W. Brett Wilson tweeted that he was aware of the offer sheet. At $100 million, it would be a $7.15 million cap hit.”According to Dreger, the deal may be structured in a way that would prevent a small-market club like Nashville from matching the offer, by way of $26 million in signing bonuses between now and July 1, 2013. That may be tough for Nashville to match, since they would be forking over nearly 16 percent of their entire franchise’s net worth ($163 million in 2011 according to Forbes magazine) in one calendar year.”Dreger said the Flyers made multiple attempts to trade for Weber’s rights before signing him to the offer sheet.
- EJ Hradek via twitter: If Nashville matches the Flyers offer, they can’t trade until 1 year after the date they matched it.
- Sam Carchidi via twitter: If the Flyers get Weber, their defense could look like: Weber-Timonen; Coburn-Grossmann; Mez-Schenn.
- Jonathan Willis via twitter: The offer sheets seems like a good chance for the Predators to get Shea Weber locked up long-term as long as they are able to get the up-front cash.