Enstrom sign 5 year deal … Jamison doesn’t call Doan … Pens have 4 year offer for Doan … Giroux blames Crosby
- Updated: July 28, 2012
- Tim Campbell of the Winnipeg Free Press: The Jets have re-signed Tobias Enstrom to a 5 year contract extension. TSN is reporting the deal is worth $28.75 million. Enstrom would have been a free agent after next season.
- L.A. Lariviere via twitter: If Shane Doan continues to visit teams after [yesterday], it’ll be clear that Greg Jamison has no financial plan to buy the Coyotes. If Doan doesn’t reach an agreement with the Coyotes [yesterday], signs point to him looking elsewhere. Agent confirms, “unless Shane (says) otherwise.” Potential owner Greg Jamison did not reach out to Doan at all yesterday. It’s basically over, agent can’t believe it. Doan’s agent is now waiting for permission to start negotiations elsewhere. Visits could resume as early as Monday.
- David Shoalts via twitter: Source says that Doan wants a 4 year deal worth $30 million. Will scare more than just the Red Wings off. There are teams that will be willing to go $7 million on a 1 year deal, maybe 2 for Doan. At 36 years old, 4 years is scary. Doan’s agent said they have never demanded 4 years and $30 million.
- Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Senators Bobby Butler cleared waivers and was bought out. The Penguins are prepared to offer Shane Doan a 4 year deal worth $24 million, if they haven’t done so already. The Senators didn’t show any interest in Alexander Semin. Once the new CBA is in place, there could be plenty of players available.
“My guess is you’re either going to see a lot of players bought out or moved,” said a league executive. “There are going to be teams that have spent to the cap who will have to scramble to get below it.
“I would anticipate we’re going see a lot of players who are on the move. Not sure we’re going to see a lot of trades before then, but the teams that are sitting at — or below — the floor are in a good situation.”
- CSN Philly: Flyers Claude Giroux had 2 surgeries on his wrists this summer, and told the Timmins Press that they are because of Sidney Crosby.y
“Those are from [Sidney] Crosby,” Giroux told the paper. “Every time we’d line up against each other for a face-off during our series, instead of going for the puck when it was dropped, he’d hack me across the wrists. I ended up playing the series against Jersey with one of them fractured and had to go for surgery on both of them after we were out of the playoffs.”
- Tom Gulitti of the Bergon Record: Devils GM Lou Lamoriello is being patient to when it comes to trying to fill the hole left by Zach Parise. The Devils still hope to re-sign Petr Sykora. Jacob Josefson and Mattias Tedenby may get bigger roles. Chances are that Lou at least inquired about Semin, as well as Doan. It’s more likely that the the Devils will look to a trade to bring in a forward. They have 8 defenseman under contract for next year and could use one in a deal.