Bruins free agents next year … Jamison $20 million short, looking for help … Some spots for Ryan
- Updated: July 29, 2012
- Kevin Paul Dupont if the Boston Globe: The Bruins will have to deal with some big name RFAs/UFAs next July 1st if they don’t re-sign before then:
RFAs — Milan Lucic ($4.1 million); Tyler Seguin ($3.5 million); Brad Marchand ($2.5 million), Jordan Caron ($1.1 million), and Tuukka Rask ($3.5 million).
UFAs — Nathan Horton ($4 million), Andrew Ference ($2.25 million), and Tim Thomas ($5 million).
Canucks GM Mike Gillis is in no rush to move Roberto Luongo, perhaps focusing more on trying to bring in Shane Doan.
- Mike Sunnucks of the Phoenix Business Journal: Potential Phoenix Coyotes owner is about $20 million short to buy the team. The deal is on “tenuous ice” but could still happen. Jamison is looking for new investors and partners. The NHL is looking for $170 million, they bought the team for $140 million. Bill Daly said they are still confident the sale will be completed and the Coyotes will stay in Phoenix. The article was posted on Saturday but Sunnucks reported
The prospective Coyotes buyer met with free agent Coyotes captain Shane Doan last night. Doan is pondering leaving the Coyotes if Jamison can’t assure him a sale is near.
The Kings and Predators have been said to be new players on Doan.
Links From Jeff Miller OC Register on where Bobby Ryan could end up.
- Elliot Olshanshy of Sports World Report: The Flyers make the most sense, as Ryan could flourish beside Daniel Briere. It’s unsure of what they could offer. The Red Wings have the pieces to land Ryan. The price for Western Conference team may be than for an Eastern team.
- Benjamin Klein of the Bleacher Report: Klein thinks the Avalanche should make a move for Ryan. They have a nice young core with Duchene, Landeskog, Parenteau, O’Reilly and Johnson. Adding Ryan could move them up in the West. Adrian Dater in the Denver Post said the Avs would be foolish not to trade Paul Stastny for Ryan.
- The Fourth Period: The Sabres are dreaming of Shane Doan, but there are no guarantees there. The Buffalo News said the Sabres could turn their attention to Ryan. They are not willing to offer up Tyler Ennis or any of their other young forwards. They may offer defenseman like Andrej Sekera, Jordan Leopold or Mark Pysyk. The Ducks would still want 1 or 2 forwards though.