- L.A. Lariviere via twitter: The Canadiens have signed Max Pacioretty to a 6 year, $27 million contract extension.
- Ryan Rishaug via twitter: The Oilers have resumed preliminary talks with Taylor Hall on a contract extension.
- Dan Rosen via twitter: P.K. Subban will talk to his agent soon to get an update on negotiations. Rosen on NHL.com:
“There’s no question that people know that I enjoy playing (in Montreal),” Subban told NHL.com on Monday during a visit at Laylor Performance Systems, where he trains in the summer. “I grew up a Montreal Canadiens fan. I love playing there and I want to play there for the rest of my career.”
“Maybe a lot of people were expecting me to have (the contract) done by now, but I know that it’s a process,” Subban said. “When it’s going to happen I’m not sure. I mean, it could happen next week; it could happen a couple of weeks from now. I just hope it gets done sooner than later. That’s why I have my agent, Don Meehan. I have a lot of confidence in him. I don’t think there is any doubt in anybody’s mind that I want to be a Montreal Canadien, so hopefully it gets done soon.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings GM Ken Holland said yesterday that he talked to Justin Abdelkader’s agent last week, and will talk again this week. Abdelkader may get a cap hit close to $1.5 million. There aren’t any active talks between the Red Wings and Shane Doan.
“We think we’ve got as many as 16 forwards fighting for 14 jobs,” Holland said.
Otherwise, Holland said, “on my to-do list, I’d like to get one more NHL defenseman, either via trade or the odd guy out there on the market.”
Trade talks have been sparse as teams are waiting to see what happens with the new CBA.
- Gord McIntyre of the Vancouver Province: The Canucks at some point may want to start contract negotiations with Alex Burrows and Alex Edler, both who will be unrestricted free agents next July. There is a good chance that they are able to re-sign Edler, but Burrows may be too expensive for them to hold on to. Burrows could probably get $4.5 to $5 million on a 4 or 5 year deal on the open market, which is probably too much for the Canucks.
- James Mirtle via twitter: Gilbert Brule signed with ZSC Lions in Switzerland.