NHLPA present proposal to NHL … Don Fehr press conference talking about their CBA proposal
- Updated: August 14, 2012
- NHLPA via twitter (2): Players attending today’s CBA negotiation: Craig Adams, Josh Bailey, Tim Brent, Michael Cammalleri, Chris Campoli, Sidney Crosby, Mathieu Darche, Steve Downie, Rick DiPietro, Sam Gagner, Steve Montador, Alex Ovechkin, Chris Phillips, Kyle Quincey, James Reimer.
- NHLPA via twitter: Over 200 players have reviewed the alternate proposal in the last 48 hours.
- David Shoalts via twitter: Gary Bettman said “we need time to evaluate” the NHLPA proposal. They’ll meet again tomorrow. Chris Johnston via twitter: Bettman hopes the NHL will be ready to respond when they meet tomorrow.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The NHLPA didn’t ask to get rid of the salary cap system.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Fehr said that revenue-sharing could reach $250 million per year.
- David Shoalts via twitter: Fehr thinks that their proposal can produce a stable industry. The players indicated that they would take a lower revenue share over the next 3 years. Players willing to do so because some franchises are in trouble.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: Johnston has been told that a luxury tax is part of the proposal. Not much movement on the salary cap, but teams could go above or below cap.