Free agent notes on Eberle, Turris and Omark … Injury notes on Bourque and Roy … Islanders top line
- Updated: August 30, 2012
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Negotiations between the Oilers and Jordan Eberle continue. He’ll likely get something similar to the $6 million that Taylor Hall got, but unlikely the 7 years, maybe 5 years. An extension could happen in the next few days, but likely not until after the long weekend. Eberle, Hall and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins could play in Oklahoma City of the AHL if there is a lockout.
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Senators have signed Kyle Turris to a 5 year, $17.5 million deal, a $3.5 million cap hit.
- David Staples of the Edmonton Journal: Oilers Linus Omark signed a 1 year deal with a Swiss team.
- Adam Gretz of CBS Sports: Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin said that Rene Bourque had abdominal surgery yesterday and will be sidelined for 8-12 weeks. Bourque was injured during his offseason training, suffering an “abdominal wall tear.” He should be ready by the end of November.
- Mark Stepneski via twitter: Stars Derek Roy said his shoulder rehab is going well and that he hopes to start skating in 3 weeks or so, and is on target for a November return.
- Brian Comptom of the NHL.com: Brad Boyes is expected to replace the departed P.A. Parenteau on the Islanders top line beside John Tavares and Matt Moulson.