- Josh Rimer via twitter: Rimer is hearing that Shane Doan will be staying in Phoenix.
- Josh Cooper of the Tennessean: Shea Weber’s agent Jarrett Bousquet said yesterday that the ‘offer sheet’ has been formalized into a contract, and that it doesn’t contain a no-trade or no-movement clause.
- Brett Cyrgalis of the NY Post: Lubomir Visnovsky and the NHLPA made their case before an arbitrator on Tuesday, and a decision is expected before Sept. 15th. Arbitrator George Nicrolau will have to decide whether Visnovsky’s no-trade clause was permanently eliminated when he waived it in 2010 to go from the Oilers to the Ducks.
“If he loses, he goes to the Islanders happy,” Sheehy told The Post. “If he wins, he would go back to Anaheim.”
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Danny Cleary is certain that Henrik Zetterberg will be the next captain of the Red Wings. The Wings may make an announcement next week as to who will be their next captain.
- Mike Chambers of the Denver Post: With Ryan O’Reilly still unsigned, it might have cost him the “C’ which many thought he was destined to be.
- Josh Cooper via twitter: There is no Predators – Jon Blum contract updates as of yesterday.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks defenseman Francois Beauchemin said on Tuesday that his right shoulder is doing fine after surgery and he’d be ready for training camp if there isn’t a lockout.