- Sarah McLellan of the Arizona Republic: Shane Doan said on XTRA 910 that a contract is done between him and the Coyotes, and all he has to do is sign it when Greg Jamison acquires the team. Doan also confirmed that Jamison has the money to purchase the team. The list of teams that he’d consider joining is down to 2 or 3 teams if a deal with the Coyotes can’t be worked out. Doan’s radio interview.
- Eric Stephens of the OC Register: Ducks Bobby Ryan now regrets the interview where he said he told management to trade him if it was in the best interest of the team.
“But about 10 minutes after the interview, I was like, ‘Gosh, I shouldn’t have done that, seeing that I’m teeing off on the 37th hole of the day after 11 o’clock.’ It was kind of stupid.
“At that point, you can’t kick yourself for too long. I knew that if (Ducks general manager Bob Murray) really had a problem with it, he would reach out to me. That never happened.”
Ryan, nor his agent Mark Guy, formally asked the Ducks for a trade.
“You know, I was glad,” Ryan said. “I was kind of expecting a phone call at some point. And then I knew with the (possible) lockout, things could change. I was really excited that it didn’t because I didn’t want to book a flight anywhere else.”
ESPN reported in the summer that the Flyers wanted to trade James van Riemsdyk in a package for Ryan, but the Ducks wanted Brayden Schenn.
- George Richards via twitter: Canucks GM Mike Gillis has not asked Roberto Luongo for a list of teams he’d accept a trade too.
- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Patrick Eaves hasn’t played since suffering a concussion last November. His headaches are ‘fewer and further between’, but he still hasn’t been cleared by team doctors. Eaves said,
“that the bad part is behind me now. This is part of the progress, skating with other guys and trying to get used to that. The speed is, obviously, not what it is at training camp. I’m just happy to be out there with the guys.”
- The Fourth Period: The Columbus Dispatch reported that the Blue Jackets offered Jaromir Jagr a 1 year deal worth $4.2 million before he signed a 1 year deal worth $4.5 million with the Stars.
- CSN Washington: Capitals prospect Evgeny Kuznetsov wasn’t happy that he wasn’t invited to the teams development camp in July.
“I really wanted to [to go],” Kuznetsov told Sport-Express, whose interview is translated here by Russian Machine Never Breaks. “It’s just very interesting to get another look at how it is there [in Washington]. Even if I wouldn’t be able to go, just to get the invitation would be nice. I don’t know whether they gave up on me altogether or not, but it’s somewhat strange.”
The Capitals have tried to sign him, he announced in May that he signed a 2 year deal with Traktor of the KHL.
- Chris Johnston via twitter: After Malcolm Subban signed with the Bruins, 18 of the top 30 2012 1st round picks have signed entry-level deals.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford said that contract talks continue with Jeremy Welsh, and that he’d thinks they can get it done by next week.