S. Fehr-Daly to talk tomorrow … Anonymous GM giving quotes … Martin signs 4 year deal … NHLPA Video
- Updated: September 17, 2012
- Katie Strang via twitter: Steve Fehr and Bill Daly spoke on the phone yesterday, and plan to talk again on Tuesday evening.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Anonymous GM on players going to Europe during the lockout: “Let ‘em go. The players think they are threatening the owners by signing contracts in Europe. In fact, what they’re showing is they don’t have a lot of stomach to remain together in this fight. And that’s what we expected.”
- George Malik via twitter: Malik responding to Walsh’s tweet: “Players heading to Europe doesn’t equal giving up. It means it’s not too hard for ‘em to find other places to play if they wish.”
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Anonymous GM on what leverage the players may have: ““None. We took away all of their leverage by canceling the playoffs in 2005. And, we’ll do it again, if we have to.
- Steve Simmons of the Toronto Sun: The lockout won’t be felt income wise long-term for teams like the Flyers or Maple Leafs, but it might for the Coyotes and Islanders. All 30 teams backed Bettman, but the “Maple Leafs, who were ardent dissenters in the last lockout, will be strongly against this lockout as well.”
- Renaud Lavoie via twitter: The Islanders signed Matthew Martin to a 4 year, $4 million contract. The contract was submitted on Saturday.
- NHLPA video:
← Previous Story Another list of players heading overseas during lockout