Saturday morning player notes: Crosby, Nash, Giroux, Gomez, Skinner, O’Reilly, Kane, Hagelin and Koivu
- Updated: September 29, 2012
- Dave Isaac via twitter: Claude Giroux’s agent said he’s talking with “many teams.” Isaac is hearing it’s down to Avangard Omsk and HC Kladno.
- Montreal Gazette: Scott Gomez sent a text saying there was no truth to the rumor that he was going to play for the Alaska Aces of the ECHL like he did during the 2004-05 lockout.
- Dmitry Chesnokov via twitter: Andre Markov said he’s fully recovered from his injuries and wants to play anywhere.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: TPS is done negotiating with Mikko Koivu and Lauri Korpikoski, just waiting for them to decide when to join the team.
- Genadi Boguslavski via twitter: Evander Kane will play for Dynamo Minsk.
- The Score via twitter: Paul Mara signed to play in the ECHL.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Carl Hagelin signed with Sodertalje SK of Sweden’s Tier 2 league.
- Adrian Dater via Sulia: There are reports that Ryan O’Reilly is close to signing with a KHL team, but they are not true. He is not in negotiations with any KHL or European teams.
- Chip Alexander via twitter: Jeff Skinner won’t be reporting to Charlotte of the AHL. GM Jim Rutherford said it was a mutual decision, and he’ll continue to train in Toronto.
- Jason Gregor via twitter: Cam Barker has a tryout with the Texas Stars of the AHL.
- Steve Zipay via twitter: Rick Nash suffered a shoulder injury, not a head issue.
- Darren Dreger via twitter: The Toronto Marlies are targeting Paul Ranger.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Sidney Crosby is not in New York for the CBA talks. Heading to Colorado for another camp with a trainer for most of next week.