- Helene St. James of the Detroit Free Press: Red Wings Valtteri Filppula sprained his right knee on Tuesday in Finland. He’ll undergo further examination today.
- Ted Kulfan of the Detriot News: Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was arrested on October 29th and charged with “driving with an alcohol content more than two times the legal limit.” Sheahan blew 0.17 or higher and gave false information after being pulled over for going the wrong way on a one way street. He pleaded not guilty and faces 180 days in jail.
“I’m aware of the charges against Riley,” general manager Ken Holland said. “Internally we’ve dealt with Riley. He obviously made a very, very poor decision.”
- Tim Panaccio of the CSN Philly: Flyers Andrej Meszaros skated yesterday for the 2nd time in full equipment. Meszaros tore his right Achilles tendon in August. Recovery is still 4 to 6 months.
“If I can come back in four months, that would be awesome,” Meszaros said. “But if it is six months, then that is what it is.”
“I’m feeling pretty good, back skating with full gear on,” Meszaros said. “It’s coming along and I’m happy about that.”
“If I am lucky, I don’t know,” he said. “I wish I had not had this injury so I could be in Europe playing right now. I miss playing. On the other hand, for me, it’s good that I am getting better. After my back injury, and then this, I have had more rehab on the back, too.”
- Slava Malamud via twitter: The LA Kings contract with Nikolai Prohorkin has been ruled invalid.
- Matias Strozyk via twitter: Chris Stewart signs with Crimmitschau for the rest of the lockout. He was previously with Liberec (1 pt in 5 gms) and Crimmitschau (11 pts in 9 gms) before that.
- Allan Walsh via twitter: Bruno Gervais signed with Heilbronn in Germany.
- Shelly Anderson via twitter: Penguins that skated together yesterday at Southpointe: Niskanen, Lovejoy, Dupuis, Kunitz, Cooke, Adams, Vitale, Kennedy, Crosby, Fleury plus Brent Johnson.