Was there a December 1st date? Daly and Fehr to talk … Panthers making money?
- Updated: November 17, 2012
- Nick Cotsonika via twitter: Gary may have suggested the two week break in talks because the NHL heard that Don Fehr told the players on a conference call that the owners date was December 1st. Bettman wanted to show that there is no date. Whether or not Fehr said that in the conference call is not the point, “there is a lack of trust and communication poisoning the process.”
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Bill Daly and Steve Fehr are supposed to talk at sometime over the weekend.
- Michael Russo of the Star Tribune: Russo obtain some charts from the NHLPA that outline the NHLPA’s player share proposal that are worth checking out.
“The issue of how you deal with damage from the lockout is a tough one, particularly since it is impossible to know the extent of the damage,” NHLPA Special Counsel Steve Fehr said in an email. “What we have suggested to the owners several times is that we put aside that issue for the moment and concentrate upon the overall structure of the deal. If we do that, based upon the last proposals from each side, we think the parties are much closer than they have ever been on the economics. If we could bridge that gap, then we could come back quickly to the lockout damage issue. For whatever reason, the owners have declined to do that, and seem to be intent on portraying the parties as further apart than we think we are.”
- @67Sound via twitter: Forbes reported that the Panthers had an annual loss of $7 million but the according to their books that were given to Broward County show an annual profit of $10 million.