- John Shannon via twitter: Mediation between the NHL and NHLPA will also take place today. Can’t tell how things went yesterday, won’t know anything until today at a minimum. NHLPA simply acknowledged the meeting in a short statement, NHL said they can’t say anything. Pierre LeBrun via twitter: The NHL and NHLPA’s meeting with the mediators will start at 11:00 am.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: If everything works out for the Coyotes and they stay in Glendale, they’ll likely end up changing their name to the “Arizona Coyotes.” Changing their name would lead to new logos, new jerseys, new merchandise and possibly state tax exemptions.
- Joe Haggerty of CSNNE: Haggerty notes that a Winnipeg Jets rep (not Mark Chipman) at a NHL Board of Governors meeting said they were opposed to a long, bloddy lockout as it will hurt the franchises momentum and hurt the game itself. Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs then reprimanded the representative as one of the “new kids on block” and told him he wouldn’t be allowed to speak in the board room.
- Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press: The Winnipeg Jets and the NHL are denying the report that a Jets representative was reprimanded at a board of Governors meeting. Bill Daly said the report was “100% complete and total fabrication.” Mark Chipman offered a statement:
“I was disappointed to learn today of a report which claimed an exchange took place between an Alternate Governor of the Winnipeg Jets and Jeremy Jacobs of the Boston Bruins at a recent NHL Board of Governors meeting. I was present throughout all BOG proceedings and can categorically state that no such exchange between Mr. Jacobs and either one of our Alternate Governors – Patrick Phillips or Kevin Cheveldayoff – ever took place. Any suggestion otherwise is completely false.”
- Haggerty and Michael Felger on the Mediation (filmed before yesterday’s meetings)