Edler still has back issues … RNH wants to play in WJC, having shoulder examined … Varlamov has knee injury
- Updated: 12/03/2012
- Jason Botchford of the Vancouver Province: Canucks Alex Edler’s back problems flared up again in September. He had surgery on a bulging disc in January of 2011. He has been rehabbing the back, and it is progressing, but another surgery hasn’t been ruled out. Edler would be a UFA at the end of this year, and could be in line for a big deal. There would be concern that his back issues will continue.
- Mark Spector via twitter: Oilers Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will be named WJC Canadian roster, really wants to play in the tournament.
- Jim Matheson of the Edmonton Journal: Nugent-Hopkins will be having his shoulder looked at today. It is apparently just routine as he’ll likely be playing for Team Canada at the World Junior Championship. The decision if he’ll be playing is up to RNH.
“We’re just having a look at it (shoulder) … as you know, he had an AC separation last winter and we want to make sure everything is exactly where we need it to be,” said Nugent-Hopkins’ agent Rick Valette.
“We booked this (medical exam) long ago. It’s been in the works for awhile,” said Valette.
- Denver Post: Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov is playing with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the KHL, and is currently out with a knee injury. A CSKA player fell on his leg, and he’s missed the past 4 games. Injury reports out of Russia are vague, so the true extent of the injury is not known.
- David Pagnotta via twitter: Automobilist of the KHL is having huge financial problems and it can’t pay some of it’s players, and the team could end up folding.