- Helene Elliott via twitter: Asked someone in the NHL why they hadn’t cancelled games beyond Dec. 14th since it [was] Dec. 9th, “no particular reason.” Would expect more games to be cancelled today.
- Dave Molinari via twitter: The NHL and NHLPA talked over the weekend, no meetings scheduled yet.
- AP in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review: The NHL and NHLPA could get back to negotiating soon,
“Trying to set up something for this week, but nothing finalized yet,” NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly wrote Sunday in an email to the Associated Press.
- Adrian Dater of the Denver Post: Matt Duchene tweeted that he’s leaving Frolunda of the Swedish Elite League and joining Ambri-Piotta of the Swiss League.
- Sam Carchidi of the Philadelphia Inquirer: The Russian Hockey Federation website removed Ilya Bryzgalov’s name after he had a medical exam. No details are known, and Flyers GM Paul Holmgren didn’t respond when asked for info on the injury. Someone on twitter translated a video report and said that Bryzgalov has a virus. Update: Bill Meltzer via twitter: Through google translate, Russian goalie coach Vladimir Myshkin told Sovsport that Bryzgalov failed his medical exam with a high fever.